What home insurance do you need for your Connecticut home?

Homeowners in Connecticut live in one of the most scenic states in the country. But even though it is scenic, that doesn’t mean the risks of living there are any less. Manchester, CT is a Hartford suburb that offers good schools and affordable housing. At Brent Young Agency LLC, we are independent agents who provide our customers with access to more carriers and an experienced team to make sure you get the insurance you need. 

The laws in Connecticut don’t require that homeowners have home insurance. If, however, you have a mortgage, the lender will require it. Even if you don’t have a mortgage, given the fact that purchasing a home in Connecticut is one of the biggest investments you will ever make, you will want to protect it. Your local independent insurance agent can help you find the right policy for your needs. 

Home insurance offers several different types of coverage. It protects the physical structure of your home as well as other structures on your property. It covers the contents of the home and structures. It provides liability coverage for you and family members and it also provides loss of use protection. 

Structure coverage protects against a variety of perils. Things like tornados, fire and theft. It covers the home, a deck, a porch, attached and detached garage, a shed or casita. 

When it comes to content, you have choices about the type of replacement you get. You can choose cash value or replacement cost. 

Liability protection is important and safeguards your assets from suits that may be brought against you or your family members. 

If your home is damaged, loss of use allows you to stay in a hotel or get a rental while you are waiting for repairs to be completed. 

If you live in Manchester, CT or the surrounding area, the Brent Young Agency LLC can help you to find the perfect home insurance for your home.